Termites or white ants belong to the insect family called isopteran and there are 1800 different types of these little creatures. However, all are feeding on wooden material more specifically on dead wood since they convert cellulose into energy for living. Termites are very dangerous insects for many North American households in way that most houses were built by using wood for structural partitions and columns.
Arizona Pest Control
Termites are aggressive destroyers plus they need to be treated professionally because the infestation is definitely immense. As treatment generally involves specialized tools, equipment and chemicals, home treatment solution only works in localized area but extermination of termites needs professional help. Below I am going to present some really useful methods that can help you to cope with these destructive insects.
Effective Termite Control Methods:
1. Fumigation: This is most effective on dry wood termites, though much will very effective. This procedure is long as it involves tenting the infested structure, evacuating the residents and pumping gas to the spoiled wood to eliminate all insects and their eggs.
2. Insecticides: The insecticides can be shot directly to the diseased wood or in the ground or soil. Holes are drilled in the infested wood and chemicals are pumped with the holes. Termites will whither and die within six months. Each holed is sealed in order to prevent them from being released and attacking different structure.
Phoenix Termite Control
3. Heat treatment: This is one of the effective termite control techniques to exterminate dry wood termites from your premises. Propane heat is blown in to the structure and interior and exterior walls are heated to 120 degrees F. this methods dont cause any structural damages.
4. Freezing: Works best for small areas. Liquid nitrogen is pushed into the infested areas and walls or their nests are freezing. This process works well in the earlier stages of colony growth.
5. Boric acid: Boric acid is dissolved and painted within the infested area. This helps to help keep termites away for a long time. This really is effective in wood treatment and again works best like a safety measure.
6. Microwave rays: Small areas like windows, doors, and walls may be treatable with this method. Microwave device shoot rays and termites can be killed within 2-3 days.
You may make your premises termite proof by undertaking anti-termite treatment during construction. Termites wont invade easily once you employ pre-construction anti-termite treatment.